Connect with us

NEWS

Kogi’s Chief Judge didn’t die of COVID-19 – Gov Bello

Published

on

The Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, has said the state Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajana, did not die of coronavirus.

  He alleged that COVID-19 is an artificial creation which is aimed at causing fear and panic among people.

  Bello spoke at the third-day prayers for the repose of the soul of late Ajana on Tuesday. Justice Ajana died on Sunday at a hospital in Abuja.

  He described the disease as worst than banditry, Boko Haram and genocide put together, adding that it was artificial but unfortunately sold to Nigerians.

  Bello advised citizens “not to give in to fear and evil of the issues of COVID-19”, adding that “it is a disease that has been imported, propagated and forced on the people for no just cause”.

  He pointed out that nothing kills faster than fear, urging the people not to accept “cut and paste, as COVID-9 is only out to create fear, panic; orchestrated to reduce and shorten the lifespan of the people.

  “Whether medical experts and scientist believe it or not, COVID-19 is out to shorten the lifestyle of the people, it is a disease propagated by force for Nigerians to accept.”

  The governor described the late jurist as a jurist per excellence and a lover of peace.

  Earlier in a sermon, Justice Nurudeen Khalifa urged Nigerians to live a life of emulation. In his remarks, the son of the deceased Chief Justice thanked the state government for their support, describing his father’s death as painful.

Covid-19: WFP to offer food assistance to 138m people

  The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) plans to undertake the biggest humanitarian response in history with assistance to 138 million people globally in response to the Covid-19 pandemic.

  A statement from WFP said it plans a massive rise in the number of hungry people to assist around the world, as the devastating socio-economic impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic push millions more people into food insecurity in low and middle-income countries.

  Quoting the WFP’s Executive Director, David Beasley, the statement read: “The front line in the battle against the coronavirus is shifting from the rich world to the poor world.

  “Until the day we have a medical vaccine, food is the best vaccine against chaos. Without it, we could see increased social unrest and protests, a rise in migration, deepening conflict and widespread under nutrition among populations that were previously immune from hunger.”

  The statement said that to tackle the rising tide of hunger, WFP is undertaking the biggest humanitarian response in its history, ramping up the number of people it assists to 138 million from a record 97 million in 2019.

  According to the statement, “But sustained funding is urgently required to respond to the immediate consequences of the pandemic on the most vulnerable, and support governments and partners as they curb the spread of the disease and deal with the fallout from the pandemic. WFP is appealing for a US$ 4.9 billion over the next six months for its life-saving work in 83 countries.

  “Earlier WFP projections on the number of people who would be pushed into food insecurity by COVID-19 have now been refined with real-time monitoring and assessments. WFP’s new estimates show that the number of hungry in the countries where it operates could increase to 270 million before the year’s end – an 82 per cent increase from before the pandemic took hold.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending