Connect with us

ENVIRONMENT

Nkpor fire outbreak: Agbili calls for safety measures

Published

on

THE prompt intervention of Anambra State Fire Service on Tuesday, averted fire completely razing down a three-storey building located at Umuoji Street by Mater Christi Hospital, Nkpor, Idemili North, Local Government Area.

  The fire outbreak which started around 11:34 am was caused by power surge from the flat of an occupant on the third floor of the residential building.

  Director and Chief Fire Officer, Anambra State Fire Service, Martin Agbili said, save for the prompt response that led to the deployment and dispatch of three trucks and firefighters to the fire scene, it could have painted a different picture.

  Mr. Agbili appreciated those who made effort to alert the agency when there was a fire incident. Such, he said, gave room for prompt response and intervention.

  He advised the public to always switch off their electrical and electronics appliances when not in use, “If you are not making use of gadgets or any appliance and there is power outage, it’s important that you switch it off.”

  “If you forgot to switch off immediately, there is every tendency that when the public power source is restored with heavy voltage, it can cause power surge and trigger fire from there,” he said.

  Agbili urged ndi Anambra not to see the rainy season as a season less prone to fire outbreaks. This, he said, had made most people let down their guards on fire safety measures during the season. “Fire outbreak can occur at any time. No season makes fire prone or less of it. Our agency advocates fire safety measures at all time.”

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Trending