Connect with us

NEWS

In Awka, firemen save mainstream hotel from inferno

Published

on

FOLLOWING the quick response of the Anambra Fire Service, the early morning fire that broke out on Sunday at Best Western Meloch Hotel, Ifite, Behind Government House, Awka, was controlled with minimal damage recorded.

  The sleeping community was sent into panic with the fire which began from the Generator House of the hotel with flaring fire bubbles waking people up.

   The fire began few minutes past three in the morning and the fire service arrived early enough to put off the fire that threatened the community.

  The leader of the team and Chief Fire Officer, Anambra State Fire Service, Martin Agbili, said his team, early hours of the day, received a distress call of fire outbreak from the hotel and responded quickly to save the facility and the environment.

  According to him, the cause of the fire was not immediately ascertained but the fire point was adequately controlled. 

  He called on residents to always be at alert and make sure they check any fire related issues that may cause fire outbreak before going to bed and even after wake as fire can start at any time without call.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Top Posts

Advertisement

Trending